Rot’s smeary knife blunts delivery of life
like slow mail carrying the transplant –
the mouse ears I decided to get without kitsch
surgery. I know that many bacteria will froth around
the hole the mouse gene will be insert into,
but I’m committed to this: I nod when confronted
with the alternatives. An Avenger’s sleek suit
or Leonard Nimoy’s blurry nudes. The process
by which these ears will grow will either smell
like a spoon breathing back the polisher’s huffs and
wipes; or it would look like life as it stands
like a dish-washed spoon up-right and true.
Well, ‘true’ according to lab standards…
When I was a child, I ladled a toy flying saucer
into the air because it fit so nicely into the silver
burrow. This is why the trans-plant needs to be
authentic, for I am no longer a child. Gouging out
rot’s bad fuzz from the lab’s grouting will
make the difference between Spock, the vaccine-
sensitive mutant, and the many cosplayers
who have not seen ears as real as these.
No comments:
Post a Comment