Monday, June 28, 2010
Slipper Lying Face Down Beside Dead Campfire, In The Gloom
'For what I felt then, there, fireside, was patent rejection at the notion that my loved-one had been taken by a werewolf and I had been deemed, by this beast – which stank – unfit. Not tasty. Or whatever … I had been deemed unwanted, dispensable, unbecoming. Whathaveyou. And then, when I felt this little sting on my right ear’ – he touched his right ear – ‘and brought my hand before my eyes and beheld the blood, a little spatter on my finger, a little, ever so minute, smear, and realized that I’d been bitten, by the werewolf, ever so slightly, like a tiny nibble, like I’d been tinily nibbled on … that was when I felt my strongest sense of rejection. For, as you can imagine, I realized, logically, that the monster had nibbled on my ear, dubbed me untasty, unwanted, dispensable, left me for Sheryl … nibbled, in effect, on my ear, and then dissed me in favor of Sheryl, which I didn’t blame him for since I would probably have done the same, had I been a horrible werewolf, but all the same … had nibbled on my ear (the werewolf had) and found it wasn’t so good. I didn’t taste so good … but you have to understand that it was also incredibly bad then to have woken there in the dark in the blush of the dying embers and realized I was alone, that a monster had just passed through here, that it had picked around the campsite in search of something that tickled its fancy … had left then eventually and left behind what obviously hadn’t tickled its fancy … and it was terrible, you realize, to find yourself lying there left behind. The moon had settled behind the trees. The girlfriend, my girlfriend … gone; and, yeah, everything as before except with one or two things here and there amiss, and I … well, I just lay there. A discarded or overlooked entity. But, granted, it was bad to have realized that Sheryl was gone and that she’d been taken and the monster now obviously had her etc.’
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment